Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Turn it Up

Music makes my world go round. I’ll listen to anything as long as it makes me feel something. Nothing is better than driving anywhere with a good playlist. I’m no Barbra and the only instrument I’ve ever got close to playing was the piano. A week into piano lessons, my elderly teacher died. I took it as a sign. Without any real musical talent, I can still respect and admire a good song when I hear it.

Sometimes I want to rock out, bang my head, and sing as loud as I can. Sometimes, I sob-sing (I’m not that hard). The best songs are the ones you can lose yourself in. I like my music loud. I want to swim in it. I cannot remember how I found her, but she owned my speakers for practically a year when I bought her album “The Story”. She makes me want to sing out loud- real loud!


Brandi Carlile


Woo that voice! Girl, I like it. She was singing about my life! Cliché? I used to belt “The Story”. If you’ve heard it, you know the part I’m talking about. I wonder what my year would have been like without her music… I digress. You might have heard her music on “Greys Anatomy”, but that really doesn’t do it justice. Have a listen! It’s a party for your ears. So your eyes don’t feel left out:


I don’t know if you noticed, but she’s got something else working for her too. EVERYTHING. Have you ever wanted to be a guitar?

To wrap it up: Brandi Carlile has mad feeling in her music. I was a huge fan of “The Story” when it came out and her latest album, “Give Up the Ghost”, is a keeper too. Check out the song “Dreams”. If you don’t toe tap, you might want to get that checked out.

How Many Hits