Friday, January 8, 2010

I Encourage This

You know what I love doing? Dancing! You know what I'm terrible at? Dancing.

I surrender to music. If its got a beat- I'm movin'. Unfortunately I have yet to learn how to use my arms and legs at the same time. That doesn't stop me from seat-bumpin while driving around town. I tend to shake my butt... too much. Usually, it takes me a few margaritas before I'm down to get the friction on, and then there's no going back. Thats why I love it when I learn a dance move. Something easy enough that a dork like me could do it. It just so happens this one I'm about to show you, is pretty fun too. You have probably seen this already, but if you haven't- let me introduce you to

Shakira -- Give it Up to Me
(skip to 1:36)



Now, the official music video is chalk full of some great moves... for pulling a muscle. Your hips may not lie, Shakira, but mine aren't fooling anyone. Which is exactly why I love this little dance move that I've been doing since I saw it. Did you catch the shoulder leans into the pelvic WOOs (3:07-3:14)? Its seven seconds of gold. Its so easy and fun to boot! Hell, you can even do it while driving! If I can do it, girl I know you can!

I encourage pelvic woos. Do you not?! Everyone should be able to shake it out, whether they have rhythm or not. So watch this video a few times, download this song, and rock your living room, girl. Then the next time this hip shaker hits your ears (in public or not), put your hands on your hips and throw your business out there. If you don't listen to me, then for goodness sake listen to Nietzsche: “We should consider everyday lost in which we don't dance."

How Many Hits