Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Bring April Showers

The funniest person I ever met was a classmate of mine. I went to a parochial school with Bible study, uniforms, and the works. She was from California, swore like a sailor, and had a laugh similar to that of Fran Drescher. Things were looking up, until I realized she was too funny.

How can someone be too funny? Well, it ends with a sweatshirt tied around your waist, and begins with laughing so hard you pee your pants. This girl was so funny she’d make me laugh until all of my laughter turned into shame. It only took the first couple times before I knew it was becoming a problem. I was afraid it would happen again, but I couldn't NOT talk to her- she was the funniest person I knew! Its a vicious cycle. You don’t hear about these things on Oprah but they happen. Everyday, I worried about it until she moved away at the end of the year. Finally, I could laugh freely again.

It is both a relief and a disappointment that I have yet to meet someone that funny since. Where is this headed? April Fools day is here! What better way to give a shout out to my favorite funny ladies than leading in with a story about peeing my pants? These are the women I would throw on a panty liner for- just in case.


Amy Poehler


Amy Poehler is my hero. If I made a list of people who inspire me, she would be on there twice with an asterisk. “Pawnee's library department is the most diabolical ruthless bunch of bureaucrats I've ever seen. They're like a biker gang. But instead of shotguns and crystal meth, they use political savvy... and shushing.” *Leslie Knope


Sarah Silverman

Sarah Silverman is shameless and I love it.


Ellen Degeneres

Almost every time I watch Ellen I get choked up, but she makes me laugh more than cry. I love seeing her pranks. You have to give Ellen a nod for laughing, dancing, and making the world a little better everyday.


Madeline Kahn

Madeline Kahn next to Mel Brooks was the greatest contribution to Mel Brooks’ movies. “Its twoo! Its twoo!” I think of her as the original Kristin Chenoweth.


Jane Lynch

Watch any movie or show featuring Jane Lynch and you’re guaranteed a laugh. If for some reason you have yet to see her as Sue Sylvester in “GLEE”, don’t wait till the show returns on April 13th! You need to get on YouTube now.


Chelsea Handler

I was trying to save some cash and made the mistake of reading one of Chelsea Handlers books at the bookstore. The stories she tells are so funny I couldn’t contain my laughter. If the random spurts of laughter weren't embarrassing enough the death stares from my fellow readers were. If you haven’t read her books yet, I recommend you skip the death stares and go for the purchase. Whatever way you do it, READ HER BOOKS!

How Many Hits