Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve - Old Memories

It is officially New Years Eve!

I haven't made many resolutions in the past, but its 2010! Science and technology are on my side. The purpose of the blog is an outlet for me to express myself. All of myself. Sure, my way of expressing myself is commenting on pop culture and the ironic happenings in my life--but its cheaper than therapy.

What better for my first post, than a tribute
to my first girl crush: Gillian Anderson


The first time I ever told anyone that Scully was my first girl crush they laughed. Maybe for good reason:



Scully was X-Files for me. Remember Scully? She was intelligent, emotionally tough, and she held her own. Not to mention girl looked good in that pantsuit. Who needed Mulder? Back in the X-Files days, I was red-faced every time my family gathered round to watch. I was embarrassed that I was attracted to a woman. I would tell myself that I wasn't attracted to them, they were just pretty, and I'd push it out of my head. When X-Files ended, Scully ended too. With our without Scully, after many years and many conversations with friends about "who we would be gay for", I admitted to myself that I like women. I had never felt more like a woman! Suddenly I was smiling for no reason at all- except that I was happy and free.

So, Gillian Anderson, thank you for that pantsuit, those pouty lips, and for something to write about.


How Many Hits